If you are a business owner and looking for the right team of full-stack developers who can help you develop the entire web development project by using a single programming language, then make sure you hire developers specialized in Node.js.
What Is Node.js Exactly?
Who Rely on Node.js Developers?
Advantages of Hiring Node.js Developers to Install Node.js & NPM:
Hiring a Node.js developer for installing Node.js and NPM is essential because:
- Expertise in Node.js Development: Node.js library contains several Node.js frameworks, IDEs, and tools. So, working with Node.js requires expertise in a particular field. Moreover, the Node.js developers are capable enough to fix bugs and patches. It simply means that a dedicated Node.js developer team is an excellent player with a strong interest in bespoke software and web development.
- Extensive Knowledge in Front-end Technology: Node. Js developers have extensive knowledge of front-end architecture and development such as HTML5 and CSS.
- Solid Knowledge of Node.js Frameworks: While working with Node.js, it is important to have a solid knowledge of the Node.js ecosystem. It is because there are a variety of Node.js frameworks to choose from and only an expert Node.js developer can help you choose the right framework for your specific project.
Things to Know Before Installing Node.js:
- System Requirements: Node.js never demands an exclusive hardware setup. You can run the system on all types of computers of this era.
- LTS Versions vs Current Version: Node.js offers two different versions to download: the LTS version for Long-Term support and the current version with all the latest and updated features. If you Hire App Developer from a leading Node.js development company, they can help you choose the suitable version for your project. Usually, experts recommend using LTS for regular hassle-free uses and current versions for those who love experimenting with new technology.
Effective Tips to Install Node.js:
Now take a look at the installation process of Node.js on different operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and macOS:
- Download Installer: First, download the Windows Installer file from the official website of Node.js. The installer file will also offer you access to the Node.js package manager or NPM so that you don’t have to download the two files separately.
- Start Installing: Now it is time to run the “.msi” file to start the installation process by double-clicking the installer file. It will suggest you select the destination folder where you want to install the Node.js. Then it will provide you with several options for installing tools, selecting elements, and many more. Otherwise, you can also move forward with the default choice and then click on the ‘Install” button” to run it.
- Verification: Now it is time for you to verify whether you have managed to install Node.js and NPM properly or not.
- Select the Version for Distribution: Linux is featured with so many distributors. It enables users to enjoy customization. Now you have to look at the installation instructions for your distribution from the Binary Distributions page of Node.js.
- Install the Curl Command: Before you move to the Node.js installation phase, make sure you install the curl command-line utility on your system.
- Finalize the Installation: After you copy and paste the installation command for Node.js, install the curl command, download all the required libraries, and manage everything properly, Node.js will get installed on your Linux.
- Verification: Similar to Windows, you have to go through the verification process to ensure your efforts were successful by running two commands.
- Download the Installer: macOS Node.js installation process is almost similar to the installation process on Windows. You have to download the installer file for Mac from the website.
- Starting the Installation: After you download the installer file, it is time for you to install the NPM file from the same installer file. Then click on “Continue” to move forward.
- Run the Installation & Verification: Running the macOS installation process ends with the receiving of a confirmation message. Then it is time to verify the integrity of the installation process on macOS.
How to Check & Update NPM Version?
Make sure you update the NPM regularly by following certain procedures. Here comes the role of professional Node.js developers who can help you check and update NPM (Node.js Package Manager) on the three different operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and macOS. It is because every different system requires unique commands and steps including:
- Method 1: Utilizing npm update command to update the node package manager.
Npm update –g
- Method 2: Using npm@1atest command.
npm install npm@1atest –g
- Method 3: Using the PPA repository. (for Linux)
Sudo add-apt-repository ppa: chris-1ea/node.js
- Method 4: Utilizing cache cleaning & stable installation (for Linux)
Sudo npm cache clean –f
- Method 5: Using npm@next
Npm install –g npm@next
Wrapping It Up with Some Tips to Hire Node.js Developers:
So, if you are looking for a professional Node.js developer for your next web development project, there are different hiring models to choose from. You can hire local talent or trust an offshore developer. Nowadays, the majority of businesses choose to hire quality nearshore or offshore developers for cost-effectiveness. Here come the roles of Indian Node.js App Developers who offer brilliant web development solutions at the most cost-effective price. This is the best way to hire great talent with no hassle. But it is important to look at the ratings and reviews of the app development agency that you choose to hire.