Which is the best streaming service? ZDNet’s top pick is ESPN+. Are you tired of missing your favorite team’s game because it isn’t being televised in the United States? We got you covered. It can be difficult to find a platform that allows you to watch the most sports at the lowest prices. ZDNet was able to find the best platforms for different categories by comparing them by simplicity, accessibility, and value.
Most sporting events are not aired on national TV. This is well-known. Many sports leagues are now streaming online, so you’ll be able to watch your favorite team’s next match online.
These five streaming platforms are the best for sports fans in the following categories: Best app overall, best value and best for the family, best for American football fans, and best streaming service for streaming junkies. There’s something for everyone.
- Accessible through the ESPN app and Playstation, Xbox, and other platforms
- Live events can be viewed by viewers in the NFL, NHL and MLB.
- You can simultaneously monitor up to three devices
ESPN+ is the ideal streaming platform for sports fans, regardless of their level of commitment. Live streaming is available for 15 sports, so sports fans can keep up to date in the world of sports. The platform also produces originals such as Peyton’s Places and Man in the Arena with Tom Brady. ESPN+ is our top choice with a low monthly fee of $6.99 or $69.99 per year.
- Monthly payments are available
- Below $7/mo
- The subscription includes access to ESPN+ originals as well as exclusive articles
- This package does not include access the ESPN2, ESPN2 and ESPNews cable channels
- There is limited content from the NFL and NBA
- The home page not organized
- Broadcasts more than 200,000 live sporting events throughout each year
- More than 25 sports, including basketball, football, and baseball
- All events can be accessed on-demand
FloSports is a leader in live events. The quality of the event is what they are lacking. Although partnerships have been made with NASCAR, Colonial Athletic Association, and other organizations in recent years, heavy-hitting teams are usually broadcasted on a larger platform. However, sporting events will have a greater audience than any other streaming platform. FloSports is the best option for sports fans who are serious about their sport.
- All streams can be viewed online.
- It is simple to navigate the website
- This is a great way to get into sports, particularly motorsports and college-level basketball.
- Subscriptions are usually only available for yearly payments.
- FloSports will not feature many teams from the major leagues.
- You can only stream from one device at a given time
- The basic package includes over 70 channels, including ABC, CBS, FOX, and ESPN.
- All sports fans can enjoy the NFL Network, NBA TV, and MLB Network
- You can access live highlights and player stats while you watch YouTube TV on your mobile device.
- The storage capacity of DVRs is unlimited
YouTube TV is the top household streaming service according to ZDNet. This is due to its ability to access all major sports channels and the unlimited DVR capabilities. YouTube TV is a great option for sports-related content but it is not the best. It is ideal for families and offers enough channels to satisfy all ages. YouTube TV has upgradable packages available, including the Sports Plus package, which costs $11 per month.
- Unlimited DVR storage
- There are many additional channels packages that you can choose from
- Ability to stream simultaneously on up to three devices
- It starts at $65/mo
- For new users, the layout is difficult to navigate
NFL Sunday Ticket
- Fans can view all out-of-market NFL games live.
- Access to NFL RedZone highlights and replays from every game
You’ve probably heard of NFL Sunday Ticket if you’re a fantasy football player. The platform allows fans to stream any game outside of their local markets live. Although NFL Sunday Ticket offers powerful streaming, its price tag of just over $293 per NFL Season is quite high. But if you don’t want to purchase the premium you can use Pirlo TV APK
This platform is worth every penny. I have used it and will continue to do so as the next NFL season approaches.
- Nearly 200 live football games available in high-definition on TV and on streaming devices
- Access to NFL RedZone
- Jump from one game to another without commercials
- Very expensive
- Is your market not able to access the games you want?
- Only one stream can be done at a given time
Hulu Live TV With Sports
- Access to all Hulu content. This includes a subscription to Disney+ or ESPN+.
- Upgrade your sports package for $9.99/mo
- The base package includes 10+ channels that are sports-specific
- Ability to stream to up to 2 devices simultaneously
Hulu Live TV may be a direct competitor to YoutubeTV, but they each have their own pros and cons. Hulu Live TV gives subscribers access to both Disney+ and ESPN+. This makes it a great option for those who have cut the cable.
Similar to FloSports and YoutubeTV, Hulu prioritizes quantity over quality. This has led me to rank YoutubeTV the best streaming alternative for cable, and YouTubeTV as the best household streaming platform.
- Upgrades available for Hulu On-Demand content streaming with no ads
- Base subscription includes access to ESPN+/Disney+
- YouTubeTV has fewer channels than cable, but YouTubeTV can be used as a substitute for cable.
- Limited DVR storage
Which app is best for streaming sports?
If you are looking for a streaming provider that allows you to be as close to your favorite sports, ESPN+ is your best choice. The NCAA is also a major partner of ESPN+, along with the extensive list of professional sports leagues that they cover. This subscription is perfect for me as I love “mid-major” college hockey in the winter months.
Here are some quick facts to help you decide which platform is right for you.
Which sports streaming service is best for you?
|This app allows you to watch sports live…||If you’re…|
|ESPN+||Supporter of a professional sports team|
|FloSports||Fan of many athletic events|
|YouTubeTV||You are looking for a cable option that is suitable for all members of the family?|
|NFL Sunday Ticket||Hardcore American Football fan|
|Hulu Live TV||A person who is open to other options than sports.|
What made these streaming sports services so popular?
It was easy to choose ESPN+ as the best sports streaming service overall. It is supported by the largest sports broadcasting company and has partnerships with a variety of professional sports leagues that make it stand out from the rest.
FloSports allows you to watch the most sports for your dollar. The platform offers a variety of 24/7 shows so viewers can keep up with their favorite sports no matter what time it is.
The casual sports fan sometimes wants more than just the latest news and updates. YouTubeTV is the best option if that’s you. Although the sports package is an add-on, it allows you to stream in-market games. YouTubeTV also gives you access to WatchESPN, which you can watch on your mobile device.
Because it focuses on one league, NFL Sunday Ticket stands out in the streaming sports industry. Potential subscribers are discouraged by the high price, but the $293 annual subscription is well worth it due to American football’s popularity.
Hulu with Live TV, which is similar to YouTubeTV, offers more streaming options with ESPN+ or Disney+ included in the $69.99/mo subscription.