CUET Syllabus: All About CUET Syllabus 2022
Understanding the exam requisites is important to pave your path to the CUET exam. Knowing the CUET syllabus 2022 is important for candidates in scheduling their preparation. With first-hand information on the CUCET 2022 syllabus, the candidates would have a better lead on the exam conducted by Central Universities. Advanced preparation is required to get admission to one of the 50+ Central Universities in India.
This article will discuss all about CUET syllabus to help you kickstart your preparation.
Until 2022 each central University had a different procedure of taking admissions. The Education Ministry has introduced CUET as a common exam for university admissions to combine this process. The prospect of getting an education from the central universities is vast as the Central Government governs them. There are tremendous placement opportunities with good packages.
Before delving into the syllabus, let’s discuss the exam pattern of CUET 2022:
CUET Exam Pattern
|Question Pattern||Section 1A & 1B: 40 Questions (From Languages Prescribed)Section 2: 40 Questions (Domain Specific)Section 3: 60 Questions (General Test)|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Questions to be Attempted||140|
|Total Number of Questions||175|
|Duration||Slot 1: 195 Minutes (3:15 Hours)Slot 2: 225 Minutes (3:45 Hours)|
Section 1A: Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi and Urdu.
Section 1B: French, Spanish, German, Nepali, Persian, Italian, Arabic, Sindhi, Sanskrit, Kashmiri,
Konkani, Bodo, Dogri, Maithili, Manipuri, Santhali, Tibetan, Japanese, Russian, and Chinese.
Any of the Languages from Section 1A and Section 1B are to be chosen. The language test will be based on Reading Comprehension, Literary Aptitude, and Vocabulary.
Section 2: There are 27 domain-specific subjects. The candidates can choose any 6 based on their stream and college/university of choice. The questions will be Multiple Choice Types.
Section 3: The General Test is based on General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning, and Logical and Analytical Reasoning. The questions will be Multiple Choice Types.
CUET 2022 Syllabus
Through the CUET 2022 Syllabus, students will know what topics will be asked in the examination and can manage the time accordingly during their preparation. The syllabus for CUCET 2022 is divided into four major sections for all the student’s UG courses.
The topics included in the CUET Syllabus are of the graduation level. Below is the subject-wise CUET UG Syllabus:
Section 1: Languages
CUET examination consists of 33 languages. The following languages are included in this section. The candidate has to select 1 language each from both the sub-sections.
|Section IA: Languages(13 Languages)||101||English||107||Malayalam|
|Section IB: Languages(20 Languages)||201||Arabic||211||Maithili|
Section 2: Domain-Specific
The syllabus varies for each domain. There are 27 Domain-Specific Subjects in Section II. Candidates can take any six of the domains. These are discussed below:
|301||Accountancy/BookKeeping||316||Knowledge Tradition-Practices India|
|303||Anthropology||318||Mass Media/Mass Communication|
|304||Biology||319||CUET Syllabus For Mathematics|
|305||Business Studies||320||Performing Arts-(i) Dance (Kathak/ Bharatanatyam/ Kathakali/ Odissi/ Kuchipudi/ Manipuri)(ii) Drama-Theatre(iii) /Music General (Hindustani/ Carnatic/ Rabindra Sangeet/ Percussion/ Non-Percussion)|
|306||Chemistry||321||Physical Education/National Cadet Corps(NCC)/ Yoga|
|308||Computer Science||323||Political Science|
|312||Fine Arts/ Visual Arts||327||Teaching Aptitude|
Section 2: General Test
This section is optional for the candidates. It consists of 75 questions, out of which candidates should answer 60. The General Test section is of one-hour duration. The contents of this section are given below:
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- General Mental Ability
- Numerical Ability
- Quantitative Reasoning (Simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic/algebra geometry/mensuration /stat taught till Grade 8)
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
CUET Marking Scheme
|Type of Answers||Marks|
|Correct Answer||+1 marks|
|Incorrect Answer||-0.25 or 1/4th marks|
|No Answer||0 marks|
CUET Syllabus 2022: Importance
One must know the syllabus before attempting the entrance test, as it helps in better preparation for CUET 2022. An experienced faculty creates a significant syllabus for the aspirants to help them crack the entrance test.
- The syllabus is a roadmap to the journey of clearing the CUCET 2022 with a merit score.
- It is the perfect planning tool for a candidate’s final preparation.
- Candidate can create their course preparation goals and define other learning materials.
- The entrance test syllabus plays a significant role in extensively practicing the topics.
- Students can learn effectively by knowing what topics will be covered in the entrance test.
- An accomplished syllabus can help candidates get ahead of their peers.
- CUCET syllabus acts as a guide and course-planning tool.
- Aspirants can clearly understand the topics they will gain throughout the course.
CUET is one of the most prestigious entrance exams in the country. Candidates who want admission to UG courses need to crack this exam. To qualify with good marks, candidates must prepare an effective strategy and follow it strictly. Clear up all the doubts and revise according to a fixed plan. Here are some preparation tips to help you formulate your study plan:
- Concentrate on improving your weak sections and devote more time to difficult topics.
- The regular revision will help you to be more prepared through CUET previous year’s question paper.
- Learn time management by solving the mock tests with a timer.
- Be thorough with the exam pattern and syllabus beforehand.
- Make notes of all the important shortcuts and tricks.
- Refer to the best books for CUET exam preparation.